As a Rugby coach, you have overall responsibility for the supervision and conduct of the young people in your care throughout the course of each session you are delivering.
Therefore, you need to ensure that you have completed certain tasks both before each session starts, during the session and after each session finishes because:
- All coaches are responsible for the health and safety of the young people in their care
- All coaches must do their best to ensure the health and safety of everyone taking part in the Rugby coaching sessions, including other staff and any spectators
As a rough guide, you should always act as any reasonable parent would do in the same circumstances:
- All coaches should consider stopping the activity if there is a danger to any participants
- All mobile phones should be switched to silent during any time spent with participants/parents
- Children learn best when they are having fun - so use small-sided games instead of drills whenever possible